For Immediate Release:
San Jose, Calif., (May 1, 2017)
Emacspeak 46.0 (HelpfulDog): Redefining Accessibility In The Age Of Smart Assistants
–Zero cost of Ownership makes priceless software Universally affordable!
Emacspeak Inc (NASDOG: ESPK) — http://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak — announces the
immediate world-wide availability of Emacspeak 46.0 (HelpfulDog) — a
powerful audio desktop for leveraging today's evolving data, social
and service-oriented Internet cloud.
1 Investors Note:
With several prominent tweeters expanding coverage of
#emacspeak, NASDOG: ESPK has now been consistently trading over
the social net at levels close to that once attained by DogCom
high-fliers—and as of May 2017 is trading at levels close to
that achieved by once better known stocks in the tech sector.
2 What Is It?
Emacspeak is a fully functional audio desktop that provides complete
eyes-free access to all major 32 and 64 bit operating environments. By
seamlessly blending live access to all aspects of the Internet such as
Web-surfing, blogging, social computing and electronic messaging into
the audio desktop, Emacspeak enables speech access to local and remote
information with a consistent and well-integrated user interface. A
rich suite of task-oriented tools provides efficient speech-enabled
access to the evolving service-oriented social Internet cloud.
3 Major Enhancements:
This version requires emacs-25.1 or later.
- Audio-formatted Mathematics using NodeJS. ⟋🕪
- DBus integration for handling DBus events. 🚌
- Outloud is Easier To Install On 64-Bit Systems. ʕ
- Managing Shell Buffers across multiple projects. 📽
- EWW loads EBook settings when opening EPub files. 🕮
- Bash Utils for power users. 🐚
- Speech-Enabled Elisp-Refs. 🤞
- Updated C/C++ Mode Support. ䷢
- Updated EShell Support. ︹
- Speach-Enabled Clojure. 𝍏
- Speech-Enabled Geiser For Scheme Interaction. ♨
- Speech-Enabled Cider. 🍎
- Speech-Enable Racket IDE. ƛ
- Parameterized auditory icons using SoX-Gen. 🔊
- IHeart Radio wizard. 📻
- Speech-Enabled Projectile. 🢫
- Spoken notifications are cached in a special buffer. ⏰
- Flycheck And Interactive Correction. 𐄂
- And a lot more than wil fit this margin. … 🗞
4 Establishing Liberty, Equality And Freedom:
Never a toy system, Emacspeak is voluntarily bundled with all
major Linux distributions. Though designed to be modular,
distributors have freely chosen to bundle the fully integrated
system without any undue pressure—a documented success for
the integrated innovation embodied by Emacspeak. As the system
evolves, both upgrades and downgrades continue to be available at
the same zero-cost to all users. The integrity of the Emacspeak
codebase is ensured by the reliable and secure Linux platform
used to develop and distribute the software.
Extensive studies have shown that thanks to these features, users
consider Emacspeak to be absolutely priceless. Thanks to this
wide-spread user demand, the present version remains priceless
as ever—it is being made available at the same zero-cost as
At the same time, Emacspeak continues to innovate in the area of
eyes-free Assistance and social interaction and carries forward the
well-established Open Source tradition of introducing user interface
features that eventually show up in luser environments.
On this theme, when once challenged by a proponent of a crash-prone
but well-marketed mousetrap with the assertion "Emacs is a system from
the 70's", the creator of Emacspeak evinced surprise at the unusual
candor manifest in the assertion that it would take popular
idiot-proven interfaces until the year 2070 to catch up to where the
Emacspeak audio desktop is today. Industry experts welcomed this
refreshing breath of Courage Certainty and Clarity (CCC) at a time
when users are reeling from the Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD)
unleashed by complex software systems backed by even more convoluted
5 Independent Test Results:
Independent test results have proven that unlike some modern (and
not so modern) software, Emacspeak can be safely uninstalled without
adversely affecting the continued performance of the computer. These
same tests also revealed that once uninstalled, the user stopped
functioning altogether. Speaking with Aster Labrador, the creator of
Emacspeak once pointed out that these results re-emphasize the
user-centric design of Emacspeak; "It is the user –and not the
computer– that stops functioning when Emacspeak is uninstalled!".
5.1 Note from Aster,Bubbles and Tilden:
UnDoctored Videos Inc. is looking for volunteers to star in a
video demonstrating such complete user failure.
6 Obtaining Emacspeak:
Emacspeak can be downloaded from GitHub –see
https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak you can visit Emacspeak on the
WWW at http://emacspeak.sf.net. You can subscribe to the emacspeak
mailing list — firstname.lastname@example.org — by sending mail to the
list request address email@example.com. The Emacspeak
Blog is a good source for news about recent enhancements and how to
The latest development snapshot of Emacspeak is always available via
Git from GitHub at
Emacspeak GitHub .
- Emacspeak 46.0 (HelpfulDog) heralds the coming of Smart Assistants.
- Emacspeak 45.0 (IdealDog) is named in recognition of Emacs'
excellent integration with various programming language
environments — thanks to this, Emacspeak is the IDE of choice
for eyes-free software engineering.
- Emacspeak 44.0 continues the steady pace of innovation on the
- Emacspeak 43.0 brings even more end-user efficiency by leveraging the
ability to spatially place multiple audio streams to provide timely
- Emacspeak 42.0 while moving to GitHub from Google Code continues to
innovate in the areas of auditory user interfaces and efficient,
light-weight Internet access.
- Emacspeak 41.0 continues to improve
on the desire to provide not just equal, but superior access —
technology when correctly implemented can significantly enhance the
- Emacspeak 40.0 goes back to Web basics by enabling
efficient access to large amounts of readable Web content.
- Emacspeak 39.0 continues the Emacspeak tradition of increasing the breadth of
user tasks that are covered without introducing unnecessary
- Emacspeak 38.0 is the latest in a series of award-winning
releases from Emacspeak Inc.
- Emacspeak 37.0 continues the tradition of
delivering robust software as reflected by its code-name.
- Emacspeak 36.0 enhances the audio desktop with many new tools including full
EPub support — hence the name EPubDog.
- Emacspeak 35.0 is all about
teaching a new dog old tricks — and is aptly code-named HeadDog in
on of our new Press/Analyst contact. emacspeak-34.0 (AKA Bubbles)
established a new beach-head with respect to rapid task completion in
an eyes-free environment.
- Emacspeak-33.0 AKA StarDog brings
unparalleled cloud access to the audio desktop.
- Emacspeak 32.0 AKA
LuckyDog continues to innovate via open technologies for better
- Emacspeak 31.0 AKA TweetDog — adds tweeting to the Emacspeak
- Emacspeak 30.0 AKA SocialDog brings the Social Web to the
audio desktop—you cant but be social if you speak!
- Emacspeak 29.0—AKAAbleDog—is a testament to the resilliance and innovation
embodied by Open Source software—it would not exist without the
thriving Emacs community that continues to ensure that Emacs remains
one of the premier user environments despite perhaps also being one of
- Emacspeak 28.0—AKA PuppyDog—exemplifies the rapid pace of
development evinced by Open Source software.
- Emacspeak 27.0—AKA
FastDog—is the latest in a sequence of upgrades that make previous
releases obsolete and downgrades unnecessary.
- Emacspeak 26—AKA
LeadDog—continues the tradition of introducing innovative access
solutions that are unfettered by the constraints inherent in
traditional adaptive technologies.
- Emacspeak 25 —AKA ActiveDog
—re-activates open, unfettered access to online
- Emacspeak-Alive —AKA LiveDog —enlivens open, unfettered
information access with a series of live updates that once again
demonstrate the power and agility of open source software
- Emacspeak 23.0 — AKA Retriever—went the extra mile in
fetching full access.
- Emacspeak 22.0 —AKA GuideDog —helps users
navigate the Web more effectively than ever before.
- Emacspeak 21.0
—AKA PlayDog —continued the
Emacspeak tradition of relying on enhanced
productivity to liberate users.
- Emacspeak-20.0 —AKA LeapDog —continues
the long established GNU/Emacs tradition of integrated innovation to
create a pleasurable computing environment for eyes-free
- emacspeak-19.0 –AKA WorkDog– is designed to enhance
user productivity at work and leisure.
- Emacspeak-18.0 –code named
GoodDog– continued the Emacspeak tradition of enhancing user
productivity and thereby reducing total cost of
- Emacspeak-17.0 –code named HappyDog– enhances user
productivity by exploiting today's evolving WWW
- Emacspeak-16.0 –code named CleverDog– the follow-up to
SmartDog– continued the tradition of working better, faster,
- Emacspeak-15.0 –code named SmartDog–followed up on TopDog
as the next in a continuing series of award-winning audio desktop
releases from Emacspeak Inc.
- Emacspeak-14.0 –code named TopDog–was
the first release of this millennium.
- Emacspeak-13.0 –codenamed
YellowLab– was the closing release of the
- Emacspeak-12.0 –code named GoldenDog– began
leveraging the evolving semantic WWW to provide task-oriented speech
access to Webformation.
- Emacspeak-11.0 –code named Aster– went the
final step in making Linux a zero-cost Internet access solution for
blind and visually impaired users.
- Emacspeak-10.0 –(AKA
Emacspeak-2000) code named WonderDog– continued the tradition of
award-winning software releases designed to make eyes-free computing a
productive and pleasurable experience.
- Emacspeak-9.0 –(AKA
Emacspeak 99) code named BlackLab– continued to innovate in the areas
of speech interaction and interactive accessibility.
- Emacspeak-8.0 –(AKA Emacspeak-98++) code named BlackDog– was a major upgrade to
the speech output extension to Emacs.
- Emacspeak-95 (code named Illinois) was released as OpenSource on
the Internet in May 1995 as the first complete speech interface
to UNIX workstations. The subsequent release, Emacspeak-96 (code
named Egypt) made available in May 1996 provided significant
enhancements to the interface. Emacspeak-97 (Tennessee) went
further in providing a true audio desktop. Emacspeak-98
integrated Internetworking into all aspects of the audio desktop
to provide the first fully interactive speech-enabled WebTop.
8 About Emacspeak:
Originally based at Cornell (NY) —
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/raman —home to Auditory User
Interfaces (AUI) on the WWW, Emacspeak is now maintained on GitHub
—https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak. The system is mirrored
world-wide by an international network of software archives and
bundled voluntarily with all major Linux distributions. On Monday,
April 12, 1999, Emacspeak became part of the Smithsonian's Permanent
Research Collection on Information Technology at the Smithsonian's
National Museum of American History.
The Emacspeak mailing list is archived at Vassar –the home of the
Emacspeak mailing list– thanks to Greg Priest-Dorman, and provides a
valuable knowledge base for new users.
9 Press/Analyst Contact: Tilden Labrador
Going forward, Tilden acknowledges his exclusive monopoly on
setting the direction of the Emacspeak Audio Desktop, and
promises to exercise this freedom to innovate and her resulting
power responsibly (as before) in the interest of all dogs.
*About This Release:
Windows-Free (WF) is a favorite battle-cry of The League Against
Forced Fenestration (LAFF). –see
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/cases/f3800/msjudgex.htm for details on
the ill-effects of Forced Fenestration.
CopyWrite )C( Aster, Hubbell and Tilden Labrador. All Writes Reserved.
HeadDog (DM), LiveDog (DM), GoldenDog (DM), BlackDog (DM) etc., are Registered
Dogmarks of Aster, Hubbell and Tilden Labrador. All other dogs belong to
their respective owners.